Tuesday, April 19, 2005


Well, I tried a whole host of different backgrounds for this butterfly wing. Who knew it'd look so different, with different fabrics behind it? I finally settled on this mottled green hand-dyed fabric. Photoshop has been a big help on this project...I was able to import fabric swatches copied from online fabric stores, and then super-impose the wing over them to test them as backgrounds... I've also been able to play with cropping to try different effects, such as this:

A great tool for trying out different looks. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll find time to layer the quilt and maybe even start quilting!

1 comment :

  1. I love seeing your progression on this piece, Diane. Thanks for sharing!

    BTW - I vote for the cropped version - WAY more dynamic tension IMHO...

    ReplyDelete