Friday, May 20, 2005

It's going to be a good day...

I know it's going to be a good day, because...

1. The first email that arrived in my inbox this morning informed me that I've won 1.5 million euros in an international lottery. And I'm feeling so fabulous that I won't even claim the money. Or perhaps I'll be very generous and assign my claim to the winnings to that fellow in Nigeria who keeps writing me to ask for help.

2. I'm off for the day to take a shibori dyeing workshop with artist Joy Lily, along with my good friends Gerrie, Pat, and Janet. Fun ahead!

3. My sister is picking Caroline up for school, so I don't have to rush home! I'm free!

4. Later on, Caroline, Laura (my sister) and I will have a girl's movie/pizza night to watch A Series of Unfortunate Events together. (If you haven't seen this movie -- which you should because Jim Carey and Meryl Streep are incredibly funny and clever in it -- it's worth renting it just to see the title/credit sequences. Sort of Edward Gorey-esque but with a different edge, very artful.)

5. It's sunny, and promises to be warm, which means we'll probably dye fabric outside on the courtyard.

6. My heirloom roses are blooming and they smell heavenly!

Hope you all have a nice day ahead!

No comments :

Post a Comment