Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Where's my locker?

Caroline starts school next tuesday, at a new school.

However, I am the one who is having those weird, beginning-of-the-school-year dreams. Last night I dreamed that I was supposed to teach at that school, and on the first morning, couldn't find stockings, for some reason had to take a picture of my neighbor's baby before I left, AND had to mow another neighbor's lawn so I was definitely going to be late.

Any night now I expect I'll have that dream that I always had before school started, where I'm supposed to be in class but I can't find my locker and realize I haven't been to class in weeks and don't even remember where it is.

Do you have any recurring anxiety dreams?

In reality, I'm looking forward to next week and 4 whole days per week where I have hours at home alone to get work done. (Roger is home on Fridays, so I lose a day.) And for my first week, I plan to spend the first day home alone AT MY SEWING MACHINE working on something fun. Or maybe I'll even throw caution to the wind and do a fun fusing play time. That week, I also have a wonderful quilter friend coming for lunch and show-and-tell, which I know will be fun and inspirational.

Meanwhile, we're off to visit grandparents and shop for school supplies.

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous4:56 PM

    My recurrent anxiety dream is that as I am about to receive my college diploma, it is discovered that I am a couple of units short. Since my 50th class reunion is in two years, this has been going on for years! I wish I understood what this really means.

    Have fun sewing next week.

    annw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a recurring anxiety dream about this time of year that I was contacted by the school board from high school and told they'd discovered I hadn't actually passed math after all and were revoking my diploma unless I came back to high school for another year and took math class again.

    Thankfully I finally - FINALLY! - stopped having that dream a few years ago, but honestly it took something like 15 - 20 years after high school for it to stop! Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete