Friday, December 22, 2006

A Paper White Christmas

Here's a holiday riddle for you.

What goes rustle rustle rustle, clickety clickety clickety, munch munch munch, zzz zzz zzz?



Me.


The rustle rustle rustle? I am wading through 8000 documents for a litigation emergency. I'm not kidding. I have 7532 to go. That's MY white Christmas.

The clickety clickety clickety? Typing the pleadings. They're due on Dec. 29 and I have sworn to do no work on Dec. 24 and 25, so I'm clicking as fast as I can.

The munch munch munch? Holiday cookies, of course.

And the zzz zzz zzz is self-explanatory. Although that's what I'm doing least of this week.

Despite the work craziness, I'm enjoying the festive feeling as Christmas approaches. Caroline is thrilled to be done with school for 2 weeks (and Roger is for 4 weeks). I'm jettisoning things off of the pre-Christmas to-do list right and left with determined practicality. I can always watch White Christmas after December 25.

So, blogging is taking a seat in the way back of the bus, as is the AQ blog ring. (Sorry to all of you with blogs pending...I'll get back to it soon, I promise.)

Meanwhile, I wish all of you the happiest of holidays. Enjoy your loved ones and be glad to be together.

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous9:31 AM

    Back at ya! Hope you finish the paper trail, soon.

    ReplyDelete