Saturday, December 22, 2007

You'd Better Watch Out...

I was emailing with my friend Sharon recently, and mentioned how I think of her each Christmas when I'm setting out our Christmas decorations. I always thought I set out pretty elaborate Christmas decorations...until I saw Sharon's house. Her house is just amazing. Sharon sent me a few pictures of this year's decor and has graciously allowed me to share them here.

Sharon's big, country-style home is filled with warmth and Christmas cheer. Every wall has at least one festive quilt, sometimes groupings of several quilts. There were big trees and little Christmas trees, something festive everywhere you looked.



But to be honest, my favorite part is Sharon's amazing collection of cross-stitched Santas. They are everywhere... in small sachet-sized pillows hanging from the knobs on her dining room cupboard, on pillows artfully arrayed on the furniture... Like this:



Regular stitchers may recognize these as the Prairie Schooler collection of Santas. Prairie Schooler is a counted cross-stitch pattern design company that has issued a different small Santa pattern every year, and I recognized them because my sister Laura ("the Two Handed Stitcher") has stitched a bunch of Prairie Schooler designs.

So I was especially impressed at Sharon's assortment of Santas because I know how many hours of work they represent. Lots and lots and lots! Look, here's more:



Sharon says she's stitched one every year for 24 years. Wow! (And thanks, Sharon, for letting me show them!) It almost makes me want to try cross-stitch again.

Coincidentally, just after I'd gotten these photos from Sharon to post here, I discovered that my sister is showing a few of her Prairie Schooler Santas on her blog.

I guess it's that time of year when Santas come to town. Better not cry! Better not pout!

1 comment :

  1. Wow, those Santa designs are great, Diane. Oh, terrific...another obsession! Thanks for sharing....and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete