Monday, December 27, 2010

I'm Dreaming ...


Seeing as how I worked up the nerve to set up the embroidery part of my new sewing machine (and then felt silly at having to work up nerve in the first place, it was all so easy) ... I couldn't resist making a few embroidered Christmas presents.  I fell in love with this design, from Embroidery Library, and it seemed perfect for my sister and my friend Beth since we're all die-hard lovers of the movie White Christmas.  So, I went off to my local shop for some cozy red fleece, and away I went.  The pillows were a big hit, and it was fun to make something fast and perfect for the situation.  Of course, I had to make one for me, too.

Oh, and on the back:


I vow that I am not going to become one of those people embroidering duckies and violets on vests and bathroom hand towels.  But suddenly I understand how that could happen.

5 comments :

  1. ROFL!!! I would so be one of those people embroidering stuff on everything in sight! Good thing I don't have your machine, huh?!
    The pillow is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had an embroidery machine for years, but you've run rings around me when it comes to actually stitching out designs. All I use mine for is making labels. I bought a collection of snowflakes - perhaps I should dust off the file and get to work on 2011?

    thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the Embroidery Library great? And their designs stitch out perfectly. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete