Thursday, June 07, 2012

What I Have Learned About Exercise Over the Years


I have been reflecting on the wisdom I've acquired thus far in life, and I thought I would pass along  a few hard-earned lessons about exercise.  You may be amazed, but I have found these facts to be true:

Buying an exercise machine, no matter how persuasive the late night commercial, does not result in weight loss.

Placing the exercise machine in the bedroom and gazing at it from the bed does not cause weight loss.

Hanging clothes on the exercise machine does not result in weight loss.

Joining a gym does not result in weight loss.


Driving by the gym while going to and from the grocery store does not result in weight loss.

Watching exercise videos from the couch does not result in weight loss.

Watching exercise videos while eating lunch does not result in weight loss.

Calculating how many calories one can burn in an hour's brisk walk does not result in weight loss.

Sitting in a restaurant in San Francisco watching joggers pass by does not result in weight loss.

Perusing catalogs of exercise clothing does not cause weight loss.

Buying exercise clothing does not cause weight loss.

I speak from personal experience on these matters.  But I think I'm honing in on something that *might* work.  I'll keep you posted.

6 comments :

  1. Even though we keep hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of them certainly apply. Well, just about all of them--- You have a wonderful sense of humor that I enjoy so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're absolutely sure ? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surely the putting of clothes on the machine must work off calories. i mean there is all that lifting involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried eating less?

    ReplyDelete