Monday, September 15, 2014

Yosemite

Nope, I"m not there right now.  I realized that I never showed you the photos I took there during my gold country trip in early August.  Sonora, where I was staying, is about a 90 minute drive from the Yosemite valley floor. So it's a reasonable day trip (if you don't take the Very Very Long and Windy way home, which we did. But that's a story for  another day.)

Anyway.  Here are some Yosemite photos. The thing about taking photos there, I find, is that is that it's all so breathtakingly beautiful and so perfectly Yosemite-ish that it's hard to take a picture that doesn't look like a bad imitation of something you've seen on a postcard or Ansel Adams poster.  I found that I wanted to take picture after picture there, as a way to bring all of that beauty home with me. Even the best photos don't do it justice.  But I'll show you anyway. 





 




































2 comments :

  1. Some really stunning shots here, Diane...thanks for sharing. It's been at least 10 years since I've been there. Really enjoyed the vicarious trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Dianne! It was a glorious day. The clouds were amazing that day, too.

    ReplyDelete