Thursday, October 02, 2014

A Cottage on the Water -- with lots of pictures!

      I mentioned that I'd been up in the Seattle area a while ago. I was in Bremerton, to be exact, just across the Puget Sound from Seattle. Miss C and I were there as her high school graduation present, which was geared around her getting to spend time with two longtime friends who live up in that area. It was a very fun trip, and we both had a grand time.

     Miss C is not big on my sharing photos of her here, so you will just have to imagine three teens laughing and goofing around and grinning ear to ear for an entire weekend. But I can show you some  photos of our beautiful accommodations for the weekend.  I quickly abandoned the hotel option (knowing now Miss C likes to hang around where we stay, and envisioning the discomfort of trying to fade into the background while the teens occupied themselves in a hotel room) and found a great cottage via HomeAway.com.

    This little cottage was originally a boathouse, and it sits right on the tip of a peninsula, jutting out into Oyster Bay.  The views and the peaceful sounds were fantastic. The bay, like the rest of Puget Sound, is tidal.  This shot shows the tide out... when it was in, the water came all the way up to the cottage's foundation, and we could look out of the kitchen window straight down into the water.  (That's how I saw all those jellyfish.)

    Here's a wider view, so you can see what a great spot we had.


























This is what you'd see if you turned around.

























    The little living room provided a full view of the bay.


































   The place was decorated with charm, and the little kitchen was just right for us.


























  The sound of gulls crying was a peaceful background song.






















    There was a lovely deck, where I sat and painted one afternoon.

    There was even a covered part of the patio, where Miss C and her friend hung out when they weren't hunting for seashells and hermit crabs on the beach.


































  But it was the water that kept my attention and made me reach for my camera time and time again.


























  I'd go back in a heartbeat.  If you're in the mood for a waterside escape, you can find the info about this cottage here.  Tell them I sent you!

4 comments :

  1. what a gorgeous little spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that Miss C has graduated from highschool, but if Miss Mia is starting highschool, this must be true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should barter with the owner an exchange of your stunning photos for some additional night stays. I looked at the listing and your photos are way better! Sounds lovely. My girl cousins and I have been thinking about a mother daughter trip and this is exactly what I have in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, and what a lovely place to stay!

    ReplyDelete